- You are looking to further your training in teaching English to speakers of other languages
- You want to follow a specialist pathway in either intercultural education, teacher education or educational technology
- You are pursuing a position developing the educational environment at both national and international levels
The MA in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) offers you the opportunity to develop your essential teaching skills and professional knowledge. The course is designed to provide a thorough grounding in both the theory and practice of English language teaching.
This is a rigorous qualification which provides you with strong all-round skills development and up-to-date subject knowledge. It is highly valued by educational employers and will help to raise your profile when seeking to launch or advance your career as a language teaching professional.
- Foundations of Curriculum and Instruction
- Methods of TESOL
- Second Language Acquisition for TESOL Educators
- Problems in Second Language Instruction
- Linguistic Analysis for TESOL Educators
- Assessment in TESOL
- Multicultural Education
- Understanding Research in Education
- Master’s Project
The actual dissertation is 15,000 words long. It usually contains a description of the research or teaching context, a section on research methodology, a literature review, analysis and discussion, as well as evaluation.
A good honours degree and a teaching qualification plus two years full-time relevant teaching experience .
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Copies of official degree certificates and transcripts of your previous study, showing the subjects taken and grades obtained. If these documents are in languages other than English please provide official translations.
- Two written references, signed by the referee and on official headed paper
- A personal statement (one side of A4 paper) detailing why you wish to study the course, your experiences, what you can bring to the course and any other information that you see as relevant to your application
- Your CV
- Copies of English Language Certification, e.g. IELTS, TOEFL or Pearson test score report.
- In case of not having English Language Certification, student is required to take part in WCL placement test and a face-to-face interview.
At a glance
- MA TESOL course can be completed in 1 years (2 semesters)
- The course emphasizes not on the grades but on the professional advancement and progress.
- Option to Extend and upgrade with offers
- Tutor Support 24X7
- Blended Course Location: Istanbul,Turkey –
- Blended Course Duration: 3 months in-class plus at least 9 months online
- Fees – Online: USD 3500 – Blended: USD 6000
Additional Attestation Charges (optional)
- USA Attestation for Degree – USD 200 (Before completion)
- Attestation by California University – USD 200 (Before completion)